Our school was last inspected in October 2012. We were very pleased with the outcomes and very proud that the hard work of children, staff, governors and parents was recognised:
- This is a good school where the majority of pupils make good progress over time and learn well in many subjects.
- National test results for Year 6 rose to well above average.
- Teaching and learning over time are good across the school and some current teaching is outstanding.
- Pupils enjoy being in school immensely and their behaviour and attitudes to each other and to learning are exemplary.
- Pupils say they feel very safe and highly valued as individuals and there is a delightfully warm and
positive atmosphere within the school.
(Statutory inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools)
Our school was last inspected in May 2013. Again we were delighted with the recognition of our school's distinctively Christian character.
'The school’s motto, ‘A valuable day every day’ is continued in the mission statement: ‘underpinned by Christian values’. Implicit values of truth, justice, tolerance and forgiveness characterise the school’s life. Good staff teamwork ensures that all pupils achieve to the best of their ability. Governors, parents, churches and the wider community provide good support.'
Identified strengths of the school include:
- The inspiring Christian leadership of the headteacher who leads a committed team of staff and governors.
- The exemplary behaviour of pupils and their care and concern for each other.
- The good support offered by parents, the wider Christian church and local communities.