We are artists
At Otley All Saints Primary School pupils are encouraged and given opportunities to work in a variety materials using a range of equipment. The scheme of work is designed to allow progression and acquisition of skills from The Early Years Foundation Stage to the End of Key Stage Two.
Children are encouraged to be imaginative and independent yet adopting a structured approach to their work. We feel that it is important that the environment in which pupils work is enriching and stimulating so that the inventiveness coupled with creativeness can be developed. Individuality is encouraged even thought he children may be working within a predetermined structure which offers security.
We believe in clearly defined objectives within firm guidelines which allows for a flexible approach.
Drawing, Painting and ICT will be taught in every year group to ensure continuity and progression of skills across the school.Collage, 3D work, Printing and Textiles will be taught across pairs of year groups. Early Years. Key Stage . Lower Key Stage 2. Upper Key Stage 2.
In Key Stage 1 pupils are taught:
- to use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- to use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- to develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space
- about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work
In Key Stage 2 pupils are taught:
- to develop their techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design.
- to create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas
- to improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials [for example, pencil, charcoal, paint, clay]
- about great artists, architects and designers in history.